Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Comp 106 "A Modest Proposal"

I've never kept a blog before, and I am hoping that I even have enough things to write about. Although I do enjoy typing, and listening to the sound of my own voice, I don't know that I currently have anything entertaining to say...

I chose Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal as the composition I wrote about for my first Comp 106 assignment. I am very impress with Swift's creativity and risk-taking in the article, and think it is very entertaining to read. I enjoy learning about history and the way things were (like the economy in Ireland during Swift's time) through the perspectives of the people who were there. I believe it is good for society to have independent thinkers who are able and allowed to express their ideas.


No comments: